-->
tour·ist: a person who is traveling or visiting a place for pleasure.
“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharlal Nehru

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Bandon, Oregon

Part of the series: Vancouver to the Grand Canyon and Back Again!

<<     Oregon Coast

Sunset at Bandon
We arrived in Bandon just in time to grab supper from Dairy Queen before it closed at 9pm and watch the sunset at 9:15pm while we ate.

The motel that Angharad booked for us was ideally situated along the top of a cliff at the edge of the ocean, and after being spellbound by the sunset, I set my alarm so that I could get up and catch the sunrise over the ocean.

I will say that watching the sunrise over the ocean on the west coast of anywhere is probably not quite the same as watching it on the east coast, but I just love watching the early morning mist burn off the water as the sun comes up, and so I thoroughly enjoyed myself exploring along the headland and beach.




First glimpse of the sun from the top of the cliff


Mist burning off the ocean

<<     Oregon Coast



No comments :