-->
tour·ist: a person who is traveling or visiting a place for pleasure.
“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharlal Nehru

Monday, September 3, 2012

I am in love with Paris!

Part of the series: Paris and Tuscany

<< Day Three - Stairs, stairs and more stairs!!

I fully expected to love Paris my second time around - I liked it the first time, even if it was the crazy running around with your head chopped off day in Paris because we HAD to see everything there was to see. I saw everything, and nothing at the same time. Except Sacré-Cœur, which I saw and loved the first time, so had to go back to the second time around.

I am writing a VERY quick blog, because I told a few people I would keep it up to date, and here I am, falling into bed on day three of the Paris leg of my journey with a million stories to tell, and none of them written.
Highlights of the trip include so far:
  • Me getting run over by a wheelchair on the train
  • Attempting to do laundry
  • The Arc de Triomphe
  • Sacré-Cœur and Montmartre
  • The Red Bus Tour
  • Notre Dame
  • The Eiffel Tower
  • Shopping in Gallerie Lafayette
We fell into bed on Saturday night, we were up late on Sunday (insert laundry story here), up early Monday morning (today) and have climbed MANY steps!!! For anyone else planning on coming to Paris, don't plan on doing Sacré-Cœur, Notre Dame, shopping, and the Eiffel Tower in one day.

It is our last night here, and we are falling into bed again tonight. Looking forward to a relaxing cafe for breakfast before packing and heading off to the airport in the afternoon to catch our flight to Pisa, where we will meet Julia before heading to the villa in the town of San Gennaro.

A few photos for now:

Ladurée
Details on the Arc de Triomphe
Notre Dame de Paris


Vendôme Column

A true entrepreneur


Relaxing on a Sunday afternoon
Enjoying the fountain at Sacré-Cœur
The Eiffel Tower at night

No comments :