-->
tour·ist: a person who is traveling or visiting a place for pleasure.
“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharlal Nehru

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Iceland Highlights

Based on my research so far, it seems that a road trip of Iceland will be mostly waterfalls, hiking, and driving through scenery. The planned highlights will be whale watching, a boat tour of the Glacier Lagoon, and a day at the Blue Lagoon hot springs. Knowing me, if I'm not careful about how many waterfalls I plan to hike to, after 10 days, I'll be completely bored and tired of stopping just to hike to another waterfall. I have also noticed a horseback riding tour, which might be interesting, as long as I get a REALLY easy horse to ride, and there are some islands that it might be possible to visit by ferry for a day here and there. The trick when planning a trip like this is to make every day just a little bit different, and I'm a little concerned that if I follow the National Geographic tour, or even Rory's itinerary, I won't enjoy myself the entire time.

This will take some very careful planning.

Further notes:
  • Gentle Giants whale watching from Husavik; 50-100 EU/person.
  • Ferry to Grimsey - Arctic Circle. Departs from Dalvik at 12:00 Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Departs at 16:00. (~71 CAD)
  • Westman Islands - Ferry leaves from Landeyjarhöfnmore 4x daily; $32/person

No comments :