-->
tour·ist: a person who is traveling or visiting a place for pleasure.
“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharlal Nehru

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Up Next: Mount Rushmore and Theodore Roosevelt National Park

I have made a decision.

I'm cancelling my September camping reservation for Buffalo Pound Provincial Park in Saskatchewan, and I'm driving across the border to North Dakota, where I'll camp for the weekend in the Theodore Roosevelt National Park.

On Saturday, I'll drive down to South Dakota, visit Bear Country USA, Mount Rushmore, and the Crazy Horse Memorial. On the way back to camp, I'll drive through the Black Hills National Park and check out the Historic centre of Deadwood.

Within the Theodore Roosevelt National Park, there are two scenic drives and multiple easy hiking routes to be explored for the rest of the weekend. Also, Makoshika State Park is nearby, so if I get bored of the TRNP, maybe I'll wander over there.
"There are not many places where you can run the risk of being trampled by a bison and bitten by a rattlesnake at the same time."
I am inspired. Can't wait to explore!!!

Hopefully, I won't get trampled by a bison OR bitten by a rattlesnake...

Photo by North Dakota Tourism/Jim Gallop

No comments :