-->
tour·ist: a person who is traveling or visiting a place for pleasure.
“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharlal Nehru

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Travelling outfits

Part of the series: Vancouver to the Grand Canyon and Back Again!

<<     Day 12 - Home again, home again...

Arriving in Denver

I'm sitting here in the Denver airport, exhausted after a failed attempt to get home, too little sleep in another hotel bed, mainlining coffee, and wearing the most casual clothing I could find in my suitcase and I'm just flabbergasted by the business travellers walking past me in their suits.

Don't they know that airplanes are uncomfortable, and crowded, and that travelling is almost always done in a completely slouched position????

Seriously.

I'm wearing leggings under my skirt and a sports bra because I twist around in my seat so much that it is practically indecent if I don't wear leggings, and bras are just REALLY uncomfortable when you slouch for 5 hours straight.

Which may be too much information for some people who read this blog, but there you have it. When I travel, I wear comfy clothes. 

Because what if (just as an example) your flight from Salt Lake City is delayed by 2 1/2 hours, and then you board your connecting flight in Denver, taxi out, return to the gate, sit while they fix the left-side air conditioning unit and top up the fuel, take off, then return to the airport and deplane while they attempt to fix the right-side air conditioning that malfunctioned during take off, and then, once the entire airport has closed, they decide to cancel the flight because they just can't fix the plane, and so you stand in line for an hour getting re-booked for the next day, finally arriving in a comped hotel at 2 in the morning? Just as an example. 

I, for one, would not like to have been stuck in a suit for that entire time.

No comments :